Wednesday 15 June 2011

Struggles of a Newbie Scientist

I had promised myself that this was not going to be scientific blog, but today's joy is immense that I have to share it with my blog. The past few weeks of my life have been dedicated to making bacterial colonies (I would explain why but that's a long story). I have had the hardest of times trying to grow bacteria on my plates (you would think they would grow everywhere but no). I have tried many approaches to make them grow including giving up family time (to spend time with them) and showering them with lots of love (I dont know which one worked). I have fallen short of dreaming of them and praying to the bacterial Gods. Right now am so tired I need humor and a holiday, both of which cannot be satisfied. For humor all I can do now, is supply myself with my dry ill-humor and the holiday will remain a dream (even a week's holiday will kill my well looked after cells). So my joy remains in the scented letter recieved from friends and in watching downloaded episodes of The Big Bang Theory. I would have never in a million years guess I will be happy to see bacteria, but I am. I guess this is what it means when people say "Life throws the least unexpected things at you." I am thrilled and overjoyed. Tomorrow another hard day at the lab awaits but let it wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment