Saturday 12 November 2011

Update


Phew!!! What an extremely long year it has been. So yes, at last I have completed an enormously large 100 page thesis. I began this project with the hopes of trying to cure sheep of a disease but somehow ended up curing mice of the same disease. If you are confused so am I but ah well I am done and that calls for celebration.

Went to Contagion movie following our dramatic rush to the submission box (don’t ask how we scientists can watch a movie on viruses and epidemics soon after handed a boring thesis on a similar subject). The movie was do-able but seemed like a documentary. And then came the time for fireworks (had a late diwali). We bursted till every single cracker were shred to pieces and that ends my story of my graduation. Now I am officially a bum with absolutely nothing to do. Being presented with a one way ticket by parents to go figure out my life and not return back home till I have.

It been about a month and a half since I have last posted and I haven’t written the end of the story of the RWC post. So without further adieu, NZ won the world cup. The finals was an exciting match to watch, France vs. NZ. The French team had performed poorly throughout the series and no one was expecting them to put on the show they did on the finals night. It was quite the match, the final score being 7 vs 8. So we won by a single point. Celebrations were long (the problem of being, NZ never quite get over things as easily as Indians do). The whole nation was painted black (being the colour of our rugby team) and everyone was out on the roads to soak in the mood. The All Blacks paraded their Webb Ellis Cup and it took us sometime for normality to set back in. I have definitely enjoyed the Rugby season and can now do more of it (I am worried to say even more than cricket). So will leave you all with a shot of the triumphant





So now that I am officially jobless, I have decided to take on a 30 day letter challenge. I have always wanted to do this after reading other blogs but I feel like I have lost my mojo for writing ever since handing in my dissertation. I am hoping to find it again and write some entertaining letters. Most of the topics are to people who I have always wanted to write but others are from what I found interesting in other blogs.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! you're done officially! I can't wait to join you. 16 days more and counting... I'll be a lazy bum with you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog !
    Are you facing QuickBooks Error 12007 on your PC? Our team is highly skilled and remains available 24/7 around the clock at your service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really very helpful blog, I like your blog while reading.
    If you face any problem in QuickBooks,Contact:
    QuickBooks Customer ServiceFor quick solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really very helpful blog, I like your blog while reading.
    If you face any problem in QuickBooks,Contact:
    QuickBooks Support phone numberFor quick solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really very helpful blog, I like your blog while reading.
    If you face any problem in QuickBooks,Contact:
    QuickBooks Support phone numberFor quick solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Blog !
    Our experts at QuickBooks Customer Service help you find the best solutions for QuickBooks queries in an emergency situation.

    ReplyDelete