Sunday 28 August 2011

A Trip Down The Memory Lane...Thanks To FaceBook

Started this post nearly 10 days back but kind of slipped and fell into this low and have struggled getting back up. Bawled my eyes out to a treasured soul this morning and am now in a better mood to complete this post. Pig's, thank you and love you (I am being cheesy here as I know you do not visit this blog).

Disclaimers:- This post contains pseudonames and any resemblance to real life characters was truly intentional.

My long term memory has always been bogus in comparison to my short term memory (Thanks to which I tend to decently in tests/exams after cramming everything into my head the night before). I have vague or no memory of incidents of the past, but due to the constant reminders of my fool hardiness by my parents, I do not have choice but to image them, such as receiving a marriage proposal by the fattest boy in class who used to sit next to me in my 1st std. My apparent reaction to his proposal was to cry and complain to the teacher who later explained the situation to my parents. My parents till date never miss an opportunity to tease about him. Excluding this, there are many other incidents my parents consider legendary for and a family friend even considered compiling a book titled "The comedy series of Maya". I might write them out slowly as a series of posts but the occasion to go down the memory lane today is Thanks to FaceBook as the title says. As you all know FB is all about how many friends you have and so friend requests range from good friends to random freaks, so this particular friend request should not have surprised me but it did. It was from my classmate/neighbour. Looking at him re-opened my traumatic past. I suspect ‘THAT’ incident meant anything but I swore that Goddamned day 'NEVER TO FORGIVE' him. Though more than ten years have passed since ‘THAT’ day, though I do not recollect the incident in crisp detail, the feeling has remained. Now looking back, it was a very trivial incident which I will narrate poorly. “That bright sunny day when my sister and I had stepped out of the house to play Hopscotch in our huge car park and the boys from next door also stepped out to join us. The game that had begun smoothly ended violently with me getting pushed down by Varun.” Not having been rough handled ever by a boy I ran home and swore never to forgive him since that day and funnily I have held on to that feeling. My memory of Varun that remains is that for a girl aged 11, he seemed very smart and arrogant. I remember never having given him a straight face since that day and I doubt he cared...but seeing him on FB after so many years flooded my mind with the carefully tucked away memory. That day after the incident I called my Granddad miles away and told him that Varun had pushed me down and he said 'Dadi payaganoda valayadathey (Do not play with rough boys)'. My Grandad is the sweetest of men I have encountered and if all men were like him the world will be a peaceful heaven.

My previous post would have put many people off my blog. I had to prepare and learn to answer people in four lines when asked the question, “What is your project about?” as I could not stop once they got me started. I knew I was boring them to death but I felt it was their fault for getting me started and they had to put up with my jabber till the bitter end.

Recently I have been on a blog hunt, reading other’s blogs and getting to know life outside of my blog. I have stumbled on many amazing blogger and will add them to my blogroll. It makes me question the standard of my blog after reading their posts but there is always someone to like any FB status update, right?

2 comments:

  1. Dadi payaganoda valayadathey....lolol Maya. This made me laugh... :) :)

    What happened to get you into that low? We haven't chatted in a while.. miss you gal...

    Just remember I need you as much as you need me. I'm there for you.

    Take care :)

    Love,
    Alujna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alunja :) :) Still feels weird calling you that...
    My problem...too much work and not enough Maya time...I know I just have to sink my teeth in and pull through for a couple more months but the stress is getting to me. Will cope and hopefully catch you online morrow.

    ReplyDelete